The Yoga Studio Name Ideas That You Can Use For Your Yoga Business
“What’s in a name? That which we call a rose, By any other name would smell as sweet.”-Romeo & Juliet (Shakespeare)
One of my interesting subjects is English Literature. I still remember how I use to day dream of many novelist and prominent authors and visualized each of their stories after my class lecture. Charles Dicken’s David Copperfield was one of favorites, where I always sympathize with David the main character in the novel. His great Aunt Betsy Trotwood renamed David as Trot and besides this David is called by several names in this novel giving him a different persona in each of his names.
In another famous novel by Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet , Juliet is not allowed to associate with Romeo because he is a Montague. If he had any other name it would be fine. So she complains that his name is meaningless and she says if the rose had any other name it would still be the same. So with Romeo, he would still be the same beautiful young man even if he had a different name. Therefore she quotes “What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet” She ponders what is so special about a name? A rose, even if it were called something else, would smell just as sweet. So Romeo would still have all the perfection that he has, even if he were not called Romeo.
Talking of business do you know that how they build a brand name? In an example of how the name Google appeared (the famous search engine), don’t be surprised that in 1996 it was called “BackRub.” Creators Larry Page and Serge Brin’s renamed their business and technology Google in 1998. It’s “a play on the word ‘googol,’ a mathematical term for the number represented by the numeral 1 followed by 100 zeros. The use of the term reflects their mission to organize a seemingly infinite amount of information on the web. Hmm…business run after their name.
With all such examples and many others we see how name affects situations, personalities, character and culture. Maybe that’s the reason when a new child is born we began looking for a perfect name for him or her. Same is when you start a new business, you need to give a name to your business be it yoga business or any other small or big business you wish to start.
Why choosing a business name for yoga studio is important?
Many yoga studio owners specially the new start ups are always keen to give a glamorous name to their studio, but such names in the long run are not compatible with your studio or yoga class. Choosing a business name for yoga studio is very important because the name you choose is the primary factor for branding and marketing so you need to consider the name carefully. After all the yoga studio name needs to be memorable that works both at offline and online scenario for marketing your business and to attract your yoga students.
As it is said that the first impression is the last impression, you should decide a name that explains what you do or what message you wish to convey to your potential customers. The yoga studio names should reflect the meaning so that it is even understandable by any one around the world. Keeping Sanskrit yoga names are good as Sanskrit is the ancient language of India, but giving a yoga studio name in this language in western society cannot give it a proper meaning to your clients unless and until you explain to them what it means.
Also yoga studio names should show case as what values do you want it to reflect. Always remember while a fun and trendy name might sound good to you and impress your customers students may not be thrilled join a class which has an odd-sounding name which has nothing to do with Yoga.
Therefore consider the following points when giving a business name for your yoga studio
- Yoga studio name should be catchy and professional and speak to the audience you want to reach
- Yoga studio name should attract your kind of yoga students. Say you are going to offer only Vinyasa Yoga with no physical exercises then the yoga studio name should be more incline to the kind of subject of study you are going to offer in a yoga class. This may sound obvious but there is value in being explicit. For instance, a name like Biggy’s Ashtanga doesn’t mean much to a person who is looking for a yoga studio but has never done yoga before.
- Yoga studio name should be pronounced and remembered easily. “Matsyendrasana yoga” may mean a lot to you and how you structure your practice, but will people type it correctly when they look for you on the web?
- Your yoga studio name should be unique. Don’t copy the name from other studio owners. Simple to understand there might be at least 10 yoga studios in Australia with similar names or whose names include the similar words. This can be a problem if you launch a business with a name that is similar to another in your town. Not only it will create confusion among yoga students but also will not allow you to expand or grow the business with a same name.
Yoga studio name ideas
Here are few of the yoga studio name ideas that you can use when starting your yoga business
- You can name your yoga studio with your name, say Ashley Yoga; Shindy Yoga, Yoga with John etc.
- Use your street name for your yoga studio, say you are living in a location which is main street, then name it Main street yoga, George Street Yoga or Yoga at Downtown etc.
- Name a yoga studio with creative ideas like Buddha Belly Healthy Yoga, Rhythm with mind body, Urban Asanas, Three yoga elements, White lotus yoga and so on. You can use your own imagination here but in context to yoga.
- Name a Yoga studio in context with your Yoga Class. Like you can use names of Yoga asanas or yoga types to name your studio; say Iyenger yoga studio, Bikram Yoga Studio, Hatha Yoga studio, Kundalni Yoga studio etc.
Yoga studio names in Sanskrit
As Sanskrit is an ancient language of India, you can use it to name your yoga studio. But we advise to use simple Sanskrit names as more complex one will be a bit difficult for Westerners to understand. Many yoga business in Australia or in US believe that giving a Sanskrit name for your yoga studio will attract more yoga students and yoga teachers but the fact is it might help to bring in more students but it might also make a student confuse over the Sanskrit yoga studio name which is difficult to understand.
Some of the well known and popular yoga studio names in Sanskrit is Moksha Astanga Yoga, Ardha Chandrasana, Mukha Yoga, Supta Buddha, Utthita Parvakonasana, Hasta Pada yoga, Surya Namaskar Yoga, Namastey Yoga, Padma Yoga, Shanti Yoga, Shala Shanti Yoga, Atman Yoga, Prana Yoga, ANanda yoga, Drishti Yoga, Dharma Yoga, Gyan yoga, Mantra yoga, Aparigraha, Ida Nadi Yoga and many others. Remember that the yoga studio names must reflect the yoga sequence of your Yoga class and your yoga practices.
Yoga studio name suggestions in accordance with Yoga Asanas
Yoga teachers at yoga studios teach various yoga asanas and yoga styles so you can name your yoga studios accordingly. Here are few of the Yoga studio name suggestions in accordance with Yoga Asanas
- Hatha Yoga – For standard flow postures with a sequence
- Ashtanga Yoga– For series of movements with the breath
- Iyengar Yoga – For physical practices to attain body attention and alignment.
- Vinyasa Yoga – For rhythmic movement of various postures.
- Yin Yoga – For holding of postures with support for a long time.
- Aerial Yoga – For practice on silk hanging from the roof
- Bikram Yoga – For the yoga practices where room is heated upto 40 degrees to do yoga
- SUP Yoga – For yoga practice on paddle board.
- Acro Yoga – For partner yoga.
Hot yoga studio name ideas
As Hot yoga is a vigorous form of yoga performed in a very warm and humid studio with many different types of hot yoga classes you can name your yoga studio accordingly. Like the Bikram form of hot yoga, or a Hot 90-minute yoga. Hot yoga poses require lengthy, forceful and sustained contractions of all major muscle groups and various such types of business studio names can be given.
Here are the few yoga studio name list for hot yoga studios:
- Parayma Yoga
- Ardha-Chandrasana Yoga
- Pada-Hasthasana Yoga
- Utkatasana Yoga
- Garurasana Yoga
- Tuladandasana Yoga
- Kapalbhati Yoga
There are many other awesome hot yoga studio name ideas that you can use according to the Hot Yoga poses and practices.
Yoga studio name generator
If you cannot find a proper yoga studio name ideas then no worries. As there are various tools with which you can generate names of yoga studio.
Some of these online yoga studio name generators are free and few are paid services. Following are the few best yoga studio name generators that you can use online:
- Business Name Generator: Click here for businessnamegenerator for yoga studios
- Namelix: Click here for Namelix studio name generator
- BizNameWiz: Click here for BizNameWiz Yoga studio name generator
- Name Station: Click here to get various yoga studio name suggestions
- Anadea: Click here to get a design yoga studio name generator
- Getsocio Yoga Name Generator Tool: Click here for free yoga studio name generator
- NameMesh: Click here for yoga studio name suggestions and generator for new startups
Finally remember that before you name a yoga studio or yoga business always take care of your brand goals, know your competitors, understand your target market, consider the type of yoga you are going to teach, and then brainstorm your ideas to pick the right name.
Once you get the name then you need to register the yoga studio business name and get your own brand identity. Click here to register now in Australia
Also, think about trademarking it if it makes sense. Click here to know more about Trademarkin your yoga business.
You can do it yourself by visiting the Patent and Trademark Office or use an online service to take care of it for you. If you want your own web presence you can also use this studio name as your domain name and make your yoga studio digital. Get a best Yoga studio booking and management tool like KRIYA or any other that you wish to manage your yoga studio so that your business runs with efficiency and your studio name becomes a brand company.