A customer or client contact you saying that they are having difficulties logging in – they receive an error their password is wrong – even after updating their password.
There are a number of reasons why a customer cannot login. Listing some of the few reasons below #
- They are trying to login on the wrong page (eg. as a business owner)
- They are using/typing the wrong email address or password
- They have more than 1 account on the system with different email addresses and passwords
- They have the old password saved but they changed it
- The email with link to reset the password goes into spam/junk folder
- They changed the password 2 or 3 times and not using the latest one
When a customer cannot login you need to find more information so you can help them get in #
Where are you trying to login? [Make sure they are on the correct link or page]
Which email address are you using to login? [Make sure the email address is correct and valid on the system]
Passwords are encrypted on the system so we can’t see what they are or what the last updated one is but we can tell them to not change it again and give them a one off temporary password.
Manually assign them a temporary easy to remember password #
If the customer is on the right page and using the right email address, then you can manually assign them a “Simple” password on their profile. Something they can easy relate to.
You can easily do this on the Dashboard and share the new temp password with them. Make sure they type this new temp password and don’t use any previously saved one.
Once, they have confirmed they are IN. They can change this password on their personal profile.